Friday, November 18, 2022

Answers

I had wondered about the story of Pete, Noma, and Little Jack. The death of Jack when he got here really did a number on me and Ronnie. I have never seen an animal look that bad. It was probably a blessing for him to pass. I hate to say that because my heart is still broken over that baby. He didn’t deserve that. I will get off my soap box on that subject, just know it was terrible. I had wondered though why Noma would not nurse him and how old Pete actually was. You never know what you will get from a kill pen. I had wondered these things for almost two years. Pete was put under for castration and the vet was able to look at his teeth. Pete is not yet 2 1/2 years old, which means he was less than 6 months when he came to us. This also means either he isn’t Noma’s son or little Jack was not Noma’s son. My guess would be little Jack was not her son and that’s why she would not let him nurse. Donkeys are pregnant for about a year, so both of them were not her babies. It makes sense and now I know. Knowing the facts does not take away the pain of losing that baby but at least I know. 


No comments:

Post a Comment