Sunday, September 27, 2026
Russ
I went out to feed like I normally do and Russ would not eat and he did not want to get up. He was breathing heavy. I was internally freaking out. I know when a pig does not Eat, it’s serious. Of course, it was a Sunday night and Ronnie was out of town, so a vet was out of the question. I called a friend. And she had some suggestions which I did and they seemed to help. I thought he was overheating. I just had no idea what to do. All I could do was pray, so, that’s what I did. The next morning, Russ did get up and eat. That was a win. I know prayers work and they were working. However, that evening, he was down again and did not want to eat. He did a little, but not much. He was at least up. He did urinate and he pooped, so that was good, too. I needed to see those two things so I knew it was not either one of those things. The next morning, he was eating again. That afternoon, he was still up and eating, but none of the other pigs were trying to take food from him, which is weird. Russ was eating out of one bowl and the others were not trying to take any of his food. That is unheard of. It is not normal. I was so concerned. The next day it was like everything was normal. I have no idea what happened. Maybe it was the heat, maybe it was constipation for a bit, maybe the full moon approaching, I have no idea, but I am grateful the prayers worked and Russ is doing much better.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








No comments:
Post a Comment