Friday, September 25, 2020

Pink Eye




 I am so behind in posting so I will be trying to catch up. A few months ago, I came home and Carlos looked terrible. His left eye was really red and kinda bulging. He looked miserable. Of course I start googling and figure out he has pink eye. Then I start getting concerned about all of the other animals in the pen. I go to the store and get meds for Carlos and enough in case any of the others ended up with it. Now, I have a secret... eye stuff creeps me out so badly that it almost makes me sick. I’m so grateful Mya was here for this part. Eye stuff doesn’t bother her at all. She was able to deal with the medicine part of it. That girl had it down to an art. She would give treats and while Carlos was near the fence she would spray and rub on the meds. It was something to see how fast she got it done. Carlos healed up fine and none of the other animals got it. I also didn’t realize how serious pink eye could be in animals. It could actually cause blindness. As luck would have it, a few days after all of this, I was at my cousin’s house and they had a cow that was getting over pink eye and the cow was blind in that eye, but the eyesight was returning slowly. I’m glad Carlos got over it as quickly as he did. 

No comments:

Post a Comment