Sunday, March 28, 2021

The Egg Game

 These chickens are something else. We have a constant egg hunt around here. I know they don’t want me taking their eggs, however, if I don’t, something else around here will. As soon as I find their laying spot, they switch it up on me. I found 18 eggs in one spot, once I gathered them, they won’t lay there anymore. So, every evening I search the barn, the shop, the baby goat pen, behind water troughs, in the chickens’ shelter, etc. some days I find a bunch, some days it’s just a couple but the eggs are usually spread out over several places. It’s entertaining having an adult egg hunt every night. I do hate it for them, but the chickens don’t sit on them to hatch, so I know a predator will grab them up. Everyday it is something new. 





No comments:

Post a Comment