Sunday, July 31, 2022

Failing

Sometimes I feel like I’m failing with the chickens. I pick up their eggs everyday, at least the ones I see and the places I always look. I came home from work and there was a hen in the shop acting funny. It was like she was trying to get out of the shop like she normally does, but something was in her way. I went back to the back of the shop and saw something I was not expecting. Josephine had been sitting on a huge clutch of eggs and chicks were already hatching. I did not know it was Josephine when I first saw her. I thought it was Annabeth but later figured out it was Josephine. Josephine is the momma hen who hatched 16 chicks earlier this year and only 5 survived. I’m going to have to watch her like a hawk. We will see how many survive this time or how many even hatch. So far she has 2. 

No comments:

Post a Comment