Wednesday, April 1, 2020

A few months ago, I met a girl on Facebook who was wanting a pig. At that time I was looking for homes for 15 pigs, now, that’s another story all together and I’m not going to get into that right now. It did not work out for this girl to get those pigs. I felt horrible about it, but it was for the best, we just didn’t know it at the time. Anyway. As I was working with her, I realized she was a teenager. With talking with her, I never would have known that. As I asked more about her to work on the adoption of the pigs, I was so impressed with her. At a young age, she already recognized there was a pig population problem and she wanted to rescue one, or two. She was very knowledgeable about pigs and knew exactly what all needed to be done. She even built a shelter and fencing for the pigs she was going to get. I was so heartbroken when the adoption stuff fell through. I kept in touch with her and again? I tried to help her get a pig to foster and that fell through also. At that point, I was determined to find this girl a pig. One that wouldn’t fall through. I was scanning Facebook one day and saw a story about 7 pigs that were saved from being butchered and 5 of those pigs were pregnant. That’s a lot of pregnant pigs and they have several babies. I reached out to this girl and told her about the things that were going on at that rescue and she wanted more info. I gave her what I could. I knew it was expensive to adopt, but it’s so much better when you do. They have already been fixed and are more social when they are adopted. Breeders don’t try to socialize them. Anyway, she messaged me the other day to tell me she was filling out an adoption paper for 2 pigs. I was over the moon with happiness for her. She had waited for so long and now she was finally getting her pigs. She was able to pick one up last weekend and she will be able to pick up the other in a couple weeks. I am so happy for them. I am so thrilled she adopted. The sanctuaries and rescues are so full. I know her dream came true. I’m so glad I was able to help a little bit!! Thank you, Isabella for allowing me to be apart of your journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment