Wednesday, June 3, 2020

I have been doing a lot of reading lately. I forgot how much I enjoyed reading. It’s an escape from reality for a few minutes for me, but I think we all need that at some points in our life. We all have challenges we face daily and sometimes we need to find a quite spot and just relax. In my case, try to. I never can seem to sit still for long. My brain is always firing something at me. It’s exhausting, so if I’m reading then I am focused on something enough to quite my brain. Now to the point. I have so many ideas of what I want to do in life. I know I have talked about it before. My sister sent me a book for Christmas that really was an eye opener for me. It’s called the Gentle Barn. Or it was so good. It shows how rescues animals truly can help troubled kids. I just sat back and was astounded by the words on the page. This was 2 weeks ago. This week I had finished a book and was planning on starting another one. I had picked up a book that I was going to read but something kept pushing me to read different one. One that has been on my dresser for over a year. Right when I decided to change my whole life. What I didn’t realize at the time was that book is along the same lines as the book I read 2 weeks ago. 2 different places doing things that are similar but not the same and in the same lines that I feel I’m being called to do. Animals and children. I need to go visit these 2 different places to see it all in action. Kids need to have animals to teach responsibility and to have something to love them unconditionally. Some of these children don’t have that in their life and they need it. We all need love. God put that in us when he designed us. After reading this book called Joey, I think this is what I need to be doing. It excites me!!

No comments:

Post a Comment