Saturday, June 13, 2020

I have kind of kept this under my hat since I did not have a date yet and still don’t, but I have a book coming out sometime this year. It’s about these crazy animals, things I’ve learned and why I have them in the first place. It’s still in the editing phase with the publishing company. I did not know this but they get hundreds of manuscripts in every day and they are only able to pick 1 or 2 to publish and they picked mine. I was sitting at work exactly 3 days after I sent them my manuscript and I remember saying, Ok, Lord, I would really like to know what they are thinking about this book. I kid you not, it was about 10 minutes after that and I received the phone call that they had excepted my book. I probably did cry a few happy tears. I couldn’t believe it. That is an amazing accomplishment and have wanted to do that for years. I finally did it. Now, the book coming out is about these animals. Mya and I decided to write a kids version of the book. I would write it and she would illustrate it. It turned out so cute. Because it is so expensive for a publishing company to do it, we thought we would be smart and self publish. Yeah, it won’t be promoted like the other one will, but it’s an accomplishment for both of us. All week we have been working on getting the sizes right and the words to go where they needed to and all of that jazz. I now see why publishing companies charge to do some of that. It’s work for sure. But, after so many days of trying to get it done, we got it done. If it meets criteria, it should be available on Amazon in a week or less. There is a paperback and an ebook. And we have started another one already. It’s really just fun for us. I’m not expecting too much from any of it but it’s exciting. I hope you guys reading this will look into these books.

No comments:

Post a Comment