Wednesday, November 20, 2019

Had myself a freak out moment last night. Hold on to your seat. I was really nervous. Let me set the scene for you so you can share this moment... it’s not a great moment though. I live in the country. Yes, I’m aware there are wild animals out here. Yes, it freaks me out when I hear them. There are usually bawling cows out in the pasture close to my house, no big deal. Yes, there are lots of barking dogs in the area and one of those dogs is mine, again, no big deal. I have been hearing coyotes lately after the weather started getting colder. That does scare me because of all of my animals. So, I’m sitting on the couch and decided to go to bed early because I was so tired. I turned off the tv and was about to get up to go to bed. My dog had been barking all night but that’s normal. All of a sudden, out  of no where, I hear a gun shot and an animal scream the scream of death. I sat here in a moment of terror because all of the dogs in the area became silent at once. There was no sound anywhere. The death cry was one from a coyote. I have never experienced that and really don’t want to experience that again. I was almost paralyzed with fear for a moment. Am I being dramatic, probably but that is truly how I felt in the moment. Life in the country.


No comments:

Post a Comment