Tuesday, November 12, 2019

Maggie didn’t eat tonight. She did eat this morning. I noticed last night she wasn’t getting around well but didn’t think much of it. Tonight she didn’t eat. When an animal doesn’t eat, it usually means something is wrong. I noticed her in the dog house outside and brought her in... all of my dogs are inside dogs, they were only out to eat and do their business. When she crawl out of the dog house, daisy got close to her and she cried out. Again, didn’t think much of it. I went on and fed the outside animals. Came back in and Maggie was laying down and I could see a huge raw spot on her. I got close and she jumped up and screamed. She then started pacing the floor. This poor dog has been through so much lately. This just adds to it. She has a seizure disorder and a few months ago, her eye started looking like it was going to pop out, that is much better but there is obvious something is going on. The vet didn’t give us much info but she is on meds. Then, this summer she had a snake bite or something and I really thought we would loose her, it was awful. I just sat with her in the floor and cried. She made it though. When I first looked at the wound, I thought it just looked raw. I still haven’t gotten a good look at it. She was at the vet for a few days while we were out of town. She was given a bath there and I see a lot of matted hair in the raw spots. Wondering if the soap didn’t get washed out. Regardless of what has happened, she is raw and bloody. I put some blue antiseptic on her in the wound and she was screaming in pain. I started her on some antibiotics and she is now resting. She did finally come to me and let me pet her. Poor thing is so miserable. Say a prayer for my sweet old dog!!! If she isn’t better in the next day or so, we will be headed to the vet.



No comments:

Post a Comment