Saturday, November 9, 2019

I see people on pig sites that can teach their pigs treats. I’m over here like, mine won’t even let me pet them. To clarify that, I am still trying to socialize 3 out of the 7 that we have here. They are so much better than they were, but still are a work in progress. Today I went out to give them treats. I was a bad pig owner again because I gave them bread. Yes, I realize it’s not good for them but I only do it on occasion and they absolutely love it. I haven’t been spending much time with them lately because it’s been colder and I’m now feeding in the dark day and night because of the time change. They have not wanted much to do with me because of this. Today is a nice day and I felt like they deserved something special that they love. I don’t hand feed my big ones much because they try to take my hands off but I noticed Treat would jump for it. So, I tested a theory I had. Apparently all of my pigs now will jump for treats except Spam. So working with them for 15 minutes and all of them will do it, except Spam. Made me pretty happy today until Brutus jumped up and got my thumb instead of the bread, but it’s ok. No blood was drawn and my thumb is still in place.



No comments:

Post a Comment