Sunday, September 26, 2021

Suzie Q

 Suzie Q is a bit of a mystery to me right now. She has left her chicks at this point, but they look to be big enough to be on their own. Makes me nervous and anxious, but at this point I’m always like that with the animals. The chicks are staying closer together which is cute and have met up with Edith’s chicks, so the majority are together. Suzie Q has been roosting with her regular pals. I guess the thing I am confused about is the chicks have essentially left the nest. However, Suzie Q shows up to check out the chicks a lot. I was out in the barn and the chicks were having a good time, until they saw me and fled quickly out of there. I look over and here comes Suzie Q running toward the chicks. I just had to laugh. I guess she likes mothering them. 





No comments:

Post a Comment