Sunday, October 31, 2021

Life

 Not long ago, someone mentioned to me that they loved my life. I love it when people see that my life is so happy because it normally is. I love my life, also. However, what people do not see is dealing with sick or injured animals. People do not see us having to bury a beloved animal. They don’t see when an animal needs meds and they do not want to take them, there is usually a fight that breaks out. They do not see when animals fight and the stress that comes with that. There is so much work with keeping animals healthy and warm in the cold weather. There are multiple trips to the feed store a week. The dirt under my fingernails constantly. The straw in my hair and the hay in my bra. The bills for a new barn. The beloved pets getting older. The heartbreak when you couldn’t save one we were desperately trying to save. The tears after something goes wrong. Having to separate the sick from the well. The dirt on my face and in my hair constantly. The heavy bags of feed. The straw we have to spread. The amount of poop we pick up. This list goes on and on. Rescue is hard. It’s rain or shine, hot or cold, snow and ice. Trying to rehabilitate animals that don’t want your help. Trying to get the sick ones to be well. All while trying to tell myself there is hope here. I do love my life. I love these animals and what we are trying to accomplish. I pride myself on the work we put in around here. It can definitely be exhausting. I show the good parts because that’s what people need to see, but it is hard. It’s rewarding but is still hard. 




No comments:

Post a Comment