Saturday, July 9, 2022

Missed Another One

I was walking around outside looking for something and I spotted a chicken in a spot I don’t normally see a chicken. Well, I’m sure you guessed by now that hen was laying on eggs. This girl was on a lot of eggs and of course she was protective of them. I went to check later and she is still sitting but one egg had fallen out and was broken so I threw it to the other chickens. Later when I went to feed, she was off the nest so I decided to take the eggs. I know, probably cruel but good grief, I can only handle so many chickens. I counted the eggs as I was putting them in the bucket, there were 18. I could not believe it. These hens keep finding places I don’t think to check. They are going to have to stop that nonsense. 


No comments:

Post a Comment