Saturday, January 4, 2020

Rescue

I am a picture fanatic. Not sure where I get that from, but I am. I was going through my pictures on my phone today deleting some since I had over 6,000 (not an exaggeration). Of course they have all been backed up. Hahaha!! I cannot believe the changes that have happened this last year. 2019 was the year we started this crazy hobby farm. I know I don’t have much experience with these animals but I am learning something new everyday. I give these animals everything I have in me to care for them and make sure they have a good life. As I am looking through the pics, all the memories came rushing back. The day we had to load the donkey, who had never been in a trailer before...what an experience. Then the next day going to get some goats and one of them not being friendly and not wanting to load. That same day, I ended up with my first 2 rescued pigs who were very sick but I had to chase them down twice in one day. All the hours of research to now how to care for each of these animals. The phone calls to vets and friends to try to help me save Treat from dying. Once she got better, all the days of chasing her after several escapes. No reason to chase her, she loves hide and seek and always came back. The goat getting sick recently, the donkey going down and not being able to walk well, which was an easy fix but I panicked. All the days spent sitting with these animals. The rescues to my 4 little pigs. The trips to the vet where my husband had to tackle a pig because she was so unsocial but needed the vet. The getting them fixed and the chaos with them in the house for just a day or two. The new goat that was brought to me because he was attacked by the bobcat. There is so much that I remember with them this year. The biggest thing I hold onto though is the love that I have for them and they have for me. The first time Lucky, who is so unfriendly let me pet him and the first belly flop from Gus. Kisses from Treat. Kisses from all the little ones. Brutus being very clingy to me. Spam learning that I’m not a threat to her or her sister and her potential to continue to show aggression going down. The way the goats and donkey surround Carlos to make sure he is protected at all times. We have also had some tough times with a sick cat, a sick dog, a sick goat, but they all pulled through. These guys are my therapy and I love each one of them. It’s been a good year. This one will be also.





No comments:

Post a Comment