Monday, January 27, 2020

Years ago, I was sewing something and left the needle attached to the thread. Persia found it and swallowed the needle. The emergency vet didn’t believe me. But it was clear on the X-ray. I was going through a divorce and it was an awful time emotionally and financially. I wasn’t going to let my baby die. The vet waited a bit because of shift change to do surgery. By the time they opened her up, the needle had punctured her stomach and was lodged in her muscles by her spine. Long story short, by the time I took her to my regular vet, the needle had worked it’s way out of her body. I actually found it when moving. So weird. Anyway. Ever since then, Persia is still obsessed with needles and string. I really thought it had happened again last night. I searched for a long time for that needle. I was so upset. But... I finally found it!! Persia didn’t repeat history and swallow another needle. What a relief. She is such a handful sometimes but I love her.

No comments:

Post a Comment