Tuesday, January 14, 2020

Rough days

We all have rough days sometimes. I have had one the last couple days. It’s no fun but you power through. On these bad days, I cannot wait to get home and see my animals. On this particular day, I had some really clingy pigs. Gus is always clingy but yesterday it was Patsy and today it was bacon bit. She is a sweet girl but she is queen pig or usually called top hog in that pen. When I got her and her brother Pork Chop, they were so small and so terrified to be in a new place. I didn’t have the best set up at that time. They were in a small enclosed place. I wanted to make sure they didn’t have mites or worms. So, they were treated in that area for that and quarantined. I hated it as much as they did. One mistake I made with them since I didn’t know anything about pigs was picking them up and making them have something to do with me. They are just now warming up. It’s been several months since this happened. Bacon bit was demanding of my attention tonight which makes me realize that truly I am making progress with them. I have spent countless hours out there with these pigs. I love that I’m making progress with these guys.


No comments:

Post a Comment