Wednesday, December 23, 2020

A Cold Night




 The weather here is a bit nuts. Yesterday the high was mid 70s. Today the high was mid 50s with the wind making it so cold all day. Tonight it’s supposed to be in the 20s, so I put new straw into the pig houses. Pete and Noma usually sleep in the middle of the field because they refuse to be in an enclosed area. I get that since I have no idea what they have been through. As I was feeding tonight, I look up and I see all the donkeys and all of the goats in the barn. I cannot accurately tell you how happy that made me. They were in there eating the hay that was in the barn. The barn still needs some updating. The wind out here has blown some of the sheet metal completely off the barn. It needs work. It’s on the list of things to do, along with lighting. The lady that owned this place before had 200 goats out there and they ate the wiring. Anyway. My point here is that all of those animals are in the barn tonight where they will be warmer than if they were out in the field. I’m grateful that’s where they ended up tonight. They are smarter than we give them credit. 

No comments:

Post a Comment