Tuesday, December 1, 2020

Update on Romeo

 I am sure most of you know I have had a very sick goat. To be honest with you, I’m not sure how he is still alive. As bad as that sounds, he has been miserable. I do believe in the power of prayer and have been praying for him. This poor goat. I had a vet out before we left Arkansas and was told to just worm him. I had just done that so we thought he was just getting rid of the worms. However, I never




ever saw any worms at all but I know he has problems with them. Back home, I started giving him a power punch for his diarrhea. I was also giving him a probiotic and electrolytes. When we got here, he was still sick. I talked to someone back home who had goats. I gave her the symptoms and said it had been going on a month. She couldn’t believe he was still alive either. Poor Romeo. The other night, Ronnie and I talked some about what we were going to do. I will spare you the details because no one wants to think about it. I sure don’t. Ronnie went and got some stuff for him. We used a different wormer, more power punch, electrolytes, probiotics, a goat French and B 12. Through all of this, Romeo had not stopped eating or drinking. He has now put some weight back on. He is out of the shelter and eating well. He is still skinny and seems to still have some issues, but I think he is on the mend. Finally. The others protect him fiercely. He sure is loved here, so keep up those prayers!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment