Wednesday, December 2, 2020

These Days

 These days are not so different than when I lived in Arkansas. I’m back to working in the medical field which I really did miss. The days can be long and trying but I’m enjoying it. It is different with covid around us and that’s no fun. I will say the weather here is different. I have never been anywhere in my life where the wind blows so hard except maybe when a tornado passes. Good grief the wind blows out here. It does make me concerned about the animals. The chickens have their own spot and it’s out of the way of the north wind, so they should be fine. The donkey and goats gave up on the lean to and have taken up residence in the barn, so last night we made them a cozy spot to sleep in out there. The barn needs some work and there are not too many places in there they can go, but they managed to find a spot that is enclosed enough to stay warm and we put stuff out there for bedding they can crawl into. The pigs have enough shelter to stay out of the wind and if the one area isn’t warm enough, they can all fit into the other one if they would stop fighting for a night. We have put so much straw out there that they can all literally get covered up in it. I still worry though. It’s so cold. I want them to stay warm out there and I know all of them group together to stay warm. I might be worrying for nothing but I took them in to care for them and want to make sure they are cared for. The dogs and cats sleep inside so they are all good. We are getting some shop cats but the shop is enclosed and they will have a spot to curl up in also. 





No comments:

Post a Comment