Thursday, December 10, 2020

Oh Romeo


 Romeo had started doing better. He has put on some weight. He is eating and drinking. The really cold days, he stays in the barn in the straw and hay so stay warm since he still isn’t at 100 percent. I noticed a few days ago after laying off his meds and stuff, he started having diarrhea again. So, I started giving him some supplements again. Today I got home and he was up moving around with the rest of the animals. No diarrhea!! That’s a huge thing. I decided I would go ahead and give him some more supplements tonight to be on the safe side. He hates it. I hate doing it. But, he needs it. That, to me, is very obvious. Since Romeo has been so sick, Cracker Jack has been very protective of him. He stays with Romeo. I love to watch this. Cracker Jack is an amazing animal. I’ve never seen such a thing. Tonight, Romeo was standing right beside Cracker Jack when I brought out the meds. I grabbed Romeo and Cracker Jack literally leaned over a bit me. Not hard but he bit me to get me away from Romeo. I still was able to give him the meds but I was in shock!! That’s protection for sure. The bond they share is undeniable. We could learn something from these animals. 

No comments:

Post a Comment