Sunday, December 5, 2021

Oh Edith

 I go out to feed one morning. I had noticed Edith had not been laying eggs in the hay anymore. I figured she just stopped laying for the winter. Well, I was wrong. For some reason, I looked down and saw here in an old ice chest that probably needs to be thrown away. (Things will get thrown away in the shop, but I’m waiting until colder weather in case of snakes.) The ice chest had hay in it from us moving the hay bales around. I look and see her in there. I must have scared her because she jumped up and started squawking and ran out of the shop. They I see 9 eggs in there. Luckily she wasn’t trying to hatch them, she was laying another egg. I definitely don’t need anymore chicks running around. Edith stays in the shop most of the time now. I have discovered she is staying away from one of the roosters. Bless her heart. She is one of the chickens that was left here for us as we moved in. 





No comments:

Post a Comment