Monday, February 22, 2021

Again??






 I have done it again... I made the mistake of looking at the kill pen site again... in my defense, a friend of mine made me. Not really, she got my interest up when she asked if I had seen all the donkeys on the site. I knew not to look. I really knew not to look, but I did it anyway. Anyone know what happened?? I’m sure you do if you know me and read this blog. They had so many donkeys. I adore donkeys. I’m not sure why but I do. As I’m looking on the site, I said I would not do this again after how hard it was when Little Jack died. I still get sad about it. Noma and Pete haven’t made it too easy on us. They are still very skittish. Noma is coming around, Pete is super slow about it, too. I know they will come around and have to remember they haven’t been here long. They still don’t want much human interaction. I wish I knew their background. As I’m looking at this sight, the heart strings are pulled. I showed Ronnie some pictures of some donkeys and he said to do it. I found a pair that were bonded and said to be friendly. I texted the girl that works in the barn with them. She said they would sit in your lap if you let them. I decided to get them. Then I get this text from the same girl and it’s a picture of her daughter with a donkey in her arms. She said he was super sweet as well. I messaged the page and told them I would take the bonded pair. She messages me again asking if I could take another one. I asked what was going on and she just said they had another one that was really sweet and they were scheduled to ship on Saturday, this was on Thursday. I said I would think about it. I texted the girl at the barn again and she was trying to get me to take the other donkey also. I felt they were desperate to get him saved since he was so sweet. We finally made a deal and I paid the bail for 3 more donkeys. They made it home today. I didn’t get to spend too much time with them yet, but you know I will. They were figuring things out this afternoon. When I got home 2 of them had already figured out what cactus was and needed to get part of a cactus off of them. One of them still had some on him because he wanted nothing to do with us, the one they were desperate for us to take. I know he just needs some time and that’s fine. I’m not in a hurry. One of them is the biggest love bug. He was friendly from the start. The other one had the saddest eyes I have ever seen. He went and hid behind a tree. I had a friend come by tonight and she was able to pet on him. I know they just need to figure things out. So, meet Red, Ned, and Pedro. I didn’t get too many pics tonight but I will, no worries. 

No comments:

Post a Comment