Friday, February 12, 2021

Defeated


 This week has not been a good week. I have felt like this was the longest week since I have moved here. Nothing has gone right and I have been angry all week. I do not like that feeling. I just feel defeated in everything I have done this week. Now, enter the cold weather. On top of everything else, the weather is so cold out. I’m concerned about the animals. I get home tonight and added straw to areas that needed it. All of the water in every single pen are completely frozen since the temps didn’t even get to freezing today. I go out to check on the animals in the barn and Lucky is showing symptoms like Romeo had. It was a punch to the guy for sure. That’s all I needed (that sentence was dripping with sarcasm). Sometimes I just want to throw up my hands but these animals deserve more than that and I am determined to give them that. I ran out of the barn and tell Ronnie what was going on. He heads straight to tractor supply. As he is headed to the store, I’m messaging a new friend of mine to make sure I know what to get. (Thanks, Casey!! I so truly appreciate you!!) Ronnie gets all the right stuff and gets home. Now, Lucky has been with us almost 2 years. He was not friendly when we brought him home and he is still not friendly. I should have clued in that something was wrong when he walked up to me a couple of days ago. He doesn’t like to be handled at all. I prayed we would be able to catch him since he doesn’t like it and it was dark and it’s 17 degrees outside. I get stuff ready and walk into the barn. He is laying in the straw with Carlos and doesn’t move. He is sick for sure if he won’t get up when I go into the barn. He just sat there looking at me. I grabbed him and handed him to Ronnie. I was able to get all of the meds down him. Thank you, Lord. I’m hoping this works. I will Treat Carlos and Hercules tomorrow also just in case. I don’t want to feel defeated. I was reminded by another friend tonight that I do take care of these guys and they know love. I do everything I can for them. (Thanks, Ladonna, I needed your kind words). I’m praying for Lucky  and a better attitude. 

3 comments:

  1. Your the best animal mom. Never second guess that

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your the best animal mom. Never second guess that

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you!! Some days are just hard. When one of them is sick it is just awful.

    ReplyDelete