Sunday, June 6, 2021

First Injury

 We have had our first injury here on the farm. I mean, it happens, we all know that. I did not see what happened but from the sounds of it, Jeb was throwing a fit over food and he tore some skin off his backside on a t-post. It looked like it was a clean wound and it was scabbing over. Yes we treated it. It was looking better and he took the scab off of it. He also looks to have injured his front foot with either breaking Jasper out or his hoof had too much mud and stuff caked in it and it’s making him limp. Ronnie took out the mud and stuff in the hoof and treated him for possible thrush in one place on his hoof. He is still limping but seems to be better. His wound has been treated again today also. I am hoping he continues to get better daily or it will be another vet visit for him. Oh Jeb. He is young and learning new stuff daily. I know he will be fine but it makes me a little uneasy. 




No comments:

Post a Comment