Sunday, June 27, 2021

Peanut Butter and Jelly

 Welcome, Peanut Butter and Jelly. I had been looking for a cat to keep Earl company. I hadn’t found any, but I had not looked real hard. The shelter was only open for a few hours during the week and I work those hours. Ronnie is so busy all the time, he had not had time either. I was looking online Saturday and found a bonded pair that came to the shelter together and I knew they were the ones. My mom and I loaded up and drove to the town they were in. These cats are absolutely precious. I am excited to have added them. They will be outside but they have a big shop to themselves with Earl of course. They have their food, water, fans, beds, etc to make sure they are comfortable. Earl came in the shop this morning. He got to see them. They are all at opposite ends of the shop this morning with some hissing and growling but they will become friends before long. I was worried about the storm last night but I checked on them several times and they were okay. I had a panic moment this morning when I couldn’t find Jelly, but he was hiding. He found a good spot to hide it. I did find him. He was the friendly one yesterday but Peanut Butter was the friendly one this morning. I sat in the shop this morning with them and petted on Peanut Butter. Those two came from a home together and they will not be separated now. Earl will learn to be friends with them. It will just take time. I’m glad he won’t be lonely anymore and I’m glad Peanut Butter and Jelly did not have to be separated. 




No comments:

Post a Comment