Sunday, June 6, 2021

Pedro is Jealous

 I have been hanging out with the donkeys more lately. Not that I neglect them in any way but they come closer to the fence when I get home and go outside. They need more attention so I am working on that. I have noticed some jealousy with them in a comical way. As I am petting on one of the other donkeys, Pedro will grab me by the belt loop or the pants with his teeth to get me away from whoever I am petting. He did it once and I thought it was nothing. Then he did it again and again. He never bites at me in anger and only grabs a piece of clothing and only when I’m petting a different animal. I have started making him stop doing that as it started becoming more frequently. He has not done it in awhile now but he was letting me know he needed more attention. It was a sign for me to continue to go out there to pay more attention to them. I am so grateful to have them all here. I almost missed out on Pedro but I’m thankful every day he is here. He is truly an amazing animal. 




No comments:

Post a Comment