Sunday, February 6, 2022

Makes Me Sad

I was thinking back to the chickens we had lost. When we moved here, I think the previous owner had left us 11 hens and 3 roosters.
1- rooster we did not get to name 
2- Goldie
3- Mabel
4- George
5- Junior
6- Edith
7- Ethel
8- Sally
9- Maude
10- Gloria 
11- May
12- Marmalade 
13- Suzie Q
We didn’t get to name the rooster since he had passed away before we got here. We found him the day after we moved. Goldie was attacked by a hawk. Mabel disappeared. George I think was killed by Rowdy. Ethel was injured and ended up dying. Maude I’m not sure what happened to but she died suddenly. Marmalade was sick and then died. It’s depressing. I do still have a few from the original crew but it does make me sad to think of those we have lost. 


No comments:

Post a Comment