Saturday, January 30, 2021

Update on Noma and Pete

 I haven’t been able to spend as much time with Noma and Pete lately since Romeo has been sick and having the new baby goats. I hope they don’t feel neglected. This morning, I got up and fed the animals since I couldn’t sleep. The 3 donkeys were in the back pasture by the pigs area. They have been hanging out down there a lot. Noma brayed at me this morning along with Cracker Jack. That in itself is a win in my book. I fed the pigs and those donkeys were not happy because I didn’t give them feed. I went back to the shop and brought back a bag of treats for them. I shook the bag several times and believe it or not, Noma was the one that came over first. She ate out of my hand and I was able to let her while she was standing up. I was on the other side of the fence from her, but regardless, there is progress being made. It may be small steps, but I’m so happy about those small steps. Pete is still really unsure but he came to my hand. He would not take any treats from my hand but he came to it and I was able to touch his nose. I have also noticed that Noma has not been down as much. When she is down, she is able to get back up really well and quickly. Things are headed in the right direction. Patience is the key here. 




No comments:

Post a Comment