Thursday, August 10, 2023

August 7

It looked like rain this morning. It was cooler and was beautiful. The animals seemed to enjoy it. I think it did rain a little earlier but probably not much. Regardless, my prayers were answered and the temps are lower than predicted. Don’t get me wrong, it’s still hot, but 112 is not on the forecast anymore. I am thankful. 


One of the baby chicks almost lost their life today. The chick was trying to eat Bella’s food. Needless to say, Bella did not like that and I cannot blame her. 


The baby chicks like to sit in the run off water in the weeds. As long as they stay cool, it’s okay. 


Willow is still following me and Ronnie around. She is so precious. 


Chief is still alpha and he is rude to the others. He finished his food and then ran off the horses by kicking them and making them leave the trough. I’m sure there was not much left, but still. 


Ronnie decided to give the horses coastal hay tonight instead of alfalfa. Let’s just say they were confused and were not happy. Jeb gave me a look like where’s the good stuff. The others followed that sentiment. They eventually got over it and ate it anyway. 


Spots was pawing at the water. That girl is a mess. 
Ronnie gave the cows some of the hay that was dropped. They were appreciative.  
Word of the day is finicky. John 15:20


No comments:

Post a Comment