Sunday, August 27, 2023

August 23

I saw something today that just hit me. As I was driving down a back road to get home, a mother deer ran out in front of me. I was a little down the road, so it was not a close call or anything, but as I continued closer, I saw a baby wanting to cross the street to be with her mom. The doe was running fast. The baby was scared to run across the road. When the baby saw me, she ran the opposite way from her mom. The mom kept turning and looking back. As I drove closer, the baby was hiding behind a building. It was so sad to see them separated. It really broke my heart. I hope the mom came back for the baby. 



When I got home, Bubba was playing with a mouse toy. I like to see him playing. He is old and sick, so just him playing for a few minutes is good to see. 


Ronnie hit a vulture today driving. It looked bad. The windshield was dented in and there was glass in the truck. He had to get a new windshield and luckily he was okay. I couldn’t believe how bad it was. 


The donkeys and goats were all together under a tree trying to beat the heat. I do love to see them all together. 


The baby chicks aren’t so little anymore. They are still hiding in the weeds to beat the heat. 


Noma has decided she likes the cow feed better. She and Willow are now trying to eat with Jasper. Jasper tries to get them with his horns, but they watch for them closely. 


Chief’s eye is still draining and he is keeping it closed. He looks like he is in some pain. It is looking a little better, but not enough. 


Mattie seems to be liking the pen. He gets all the hay he wants and he is left alone. I don’t like him being in there, but he seems fine. 


Noma came up to me again. This time I had taken some cow cubes and gave them to her. It was sweet that she came to me. 


Willow is still trying to be friends with the horses. Chief did not appreciate it today. He let her know it, too. 


Jelly has been home more lately. I sure do love that he is home more. 


The clouds were beautiful tonight. I thought it looked like it might rain, but it wasn’t in the forecast and it did not rain. 



I was glad to see the donkeys at the water trough at sunset. That means they are still coming to the barn area at night. 


Word of the day is separation. Romans 8:38-39

No comments:

Post a Comment