Saturday, April 15, 2023

April 13

Today was another good day. We have been doing the farm for 4 years and today might have been the best day. I had a running joke with one of the ladies in the nursing home where I work. She is 92 years old. Her and I love to laugh and joke and have a good time. When Noma started to show that she was in fact pregnant, I told this woman if Noma had a girl, I would name her after her. For months we discussed this. She would say well if you name that donkey after me then it’s half mine, right?? Yeah, of course. The day that donkey was born and we figured out it was a girl and I told her, that woman was beyond excited. I held true to my word and named the baby donkey Willow. She was so excited. I show her pictures every day of Willow and update her on how she is doing. The daughter called me tonight and asked if she could bring her mom out to meet Willow. The joy of this woman’s face was all I needed. It was worth it. She had a great time and it meant so much to me that they came out to meet the donkey. Luckily, Noma is pretty chill with people loving on her baby and they were able to go in the pen and give Willow attention. It was just amazing. 


I was so mad at Yeller. I saw him carrying around a bird. I tried to rescue the bird but it was already injured badly and couldn’t fly so as soon as I rescued the bird, Yeller got him again. He took that bird to where I could not reach them but could see them. He did kill that bird. I was so disappointed. However, it’s what cats do. 



Noma is still protective of Willow when it comes to Mattie. She sees Mattie and will throw those ears back and get in between the fence and Willow. Mattie likes to stick his head in the gates and tries to touch Willow. Noma is not having it. 


It was a warm day. Ronnie had filled up the water trough for Daisy and Bella in the back yard. Daisy was finally in the water cooling off. 


Word of the day is surprise. Psalm 90:14

No comments:

Post a Comment