Thursday, April 6, 2023

April 6

It was a cold morning. I was a little concerned about Willow, but she was fine. Noma really is a good momma. I am grateful for that. 


Willow is a sweet little thing. She is starting to figure things out. I do have to say in animals, girls and boys are completely different. Mattie was so easy to come toward me and want love and attention from day one. Willow is a little more reserved and more cautious. It took more time to get her to come near me. She finally did decide I was okay. It did not happen on day one, but it happened on day two. It’s still not like Mattie was. She is still more reserved but she did come near me. 


Another thing I have thought about and find interesting is Noma may not want any love or attention but she has no problem with me petting and loving on any of her babies. She just looked at me while I was living in Willow and continued to eat. She has been so mistreated in life by others that she does not want to try, but she does not want her babies to be that way. At least she does trust me with them. There that at least. 


There was another injury on the farm. Takua had something happen to his eye. He has a big cut on it and it’s swollen up. Ronnie said it had gone down since he first saw it this afternoon. The attacks around here need to stop. I’m getting tired of it. 


Mattie is a jealous little thing. I had to love on him today just so he knew he had not been forgotten. His life has changed drastically and he has not accepted it. He followed me around for awhile. He even somehow popped my bra strap trying to get my attention back on him. I have to laugh about it. 


I also caught Mattie sitting up in a quite funny position. He actually sounded like he had gas once he moved from that sitting position but it was funny. 


The barn cats were trying to stay out of the cooler temps and the wind. Jelly left at some point today, but the other three were lounging in the shop. 


Word of the day is acceptance. Romans 15:7

No comments:

Post a Comment