Sunday, August 15, 2021

The Donkey Herd

 We have a good donkey herd here. People do ask me all the time, why do you have so many donkeys?? What they do not ask is how many coyotes do you see or do you have any predators out here. Of course we do but we have not lost any animals to a predator attack. I’m grateful for that. Yes, we have 6 donkeys. I would put more out here and might if some animals need me. Ned and Red were a bonded pair from a kill pen. I could not pass them up. Pedro came with them because he was so sweet and the lady at the kill pen really wanted him to go to a good home. Pete and Noma are a mom and son that came from the same kill pen. Cracker Jack was the first farm animal to start this Wayward Farm. They all have an important role here. The biggest role is to live their best life. They do protect some chicken and some goats. Those donkeys love my husband and I and we love them. They come see us every night at the same time. They love to be loved on. They are the sweetest things. If you don’t see donkeys as lovable, come see these guys. They are amazing. I hate they were in a kill pen and I hate that came here in that way but I’m glad they found their way here. 






No comments:

Post a Comment