Thursday, April 14, 2022

Put Your Mind To It

When Ronnie got home and saw what I had done, he just hugged me and told me how proud he was of me for taking care of business. We have been trying to get halters on these donkeys for months, maybe close to a year. These guys have been through so much and maybe I’ve been too easy with them but I don’t want to put them through more than necessary. They have all been traumatized. Getting a halter on Pedro was not something I could think about. I just had to do it and I did. I even got him in the pen. I usually let Ronnie handle that stuff since he is stronger than me, but I did it on my own and I was able to do it without getting hurt. I got the vet to get out here on an emergency. Red was pretty easy to get over to where he needed to be but I didn’t know that at the time. When you put your mind to something, you can do it, believe in yourself. 


No comments:

Post a Comment