Sunday, October 29, 2023

October 29

Winter is here for the next few days. Luckily we did do all the preparations for the animals yesterday. I know they are animals and they can survive in the cold but it makes me a nervous wreck. In reality, I may only have a few months out of the year when I’m not a nervous wreck. When it’s too hot or too cold, I can’t say I’m not at least concerned about the animals. That’s life here on the farm. 


It has rained and been in the 30s all day today. That’s not exactly fun weather. All the animals seemed to be in their shelters today and did not want to come out. I did not want to come outside either, but I did to help feed them with Ronnie quickly between rain showers. We were able to get it done in record time. 


Pepper and Maggie were both able to get up on their own. That has not happened in a while, but I was glad to see it. They were able to go down and up the stairs without help also. That’s amazing right there. 



3 out of the 4 of the barn cats were all in one crate staying warm. I tried to get picture of all three together, but Onyx came out when I interrupted their nap. 



The pasture goats were smart and stayed in the barn. I did not see the other donkeys, but they are made for this, so I know they are fine. 


The horses had to be coaxed out of the barn to eat. I have not seen that before. They finally came out when Ronnie brought the food to the bowls. 


The cows looked like they had been in the rain most of the day. Probably because they had while eating hay in the rain. 


Willow, Noma, and Mattie were all fine. They stayed in shelters all day. 


Word of the day is shelter. Isaiah 4:6

No comments:

Post a Comment