Sunday, May 12, 2024

5/5/24

The rain had stopped and it was sunny and hot. The donkeys were up close to the fence for feeding time, so I got to see them. 


Suzie Q was in the coop, but Annabeth had dug out of the coop. It was not a good thing for her to dig out of that coop. Hens fight like roosters and those hens were on Annabeth fighting with her to put her in her place. I hate that. I knew I had to get her back into the coop. That is always easier said than done. 




The horses had somehow dumped the water trough over. How and why they did that I will never know. They are always into something. 


The pigs are so stinking cute. They really are. Gus likes to try to climb the fence for food. He is so funny. The other pigs are doing well also. 



Annabeth was wondering aimlessly around. I think she was a little nervous and was not real sure what to do. She obviously wasn’t going to let me pick her up, so I was not sure how to help her. 


The sheep are excited daily for food. 


Noma seems to be doing fine in the pen. I know she is getting rest. 


Willow was trying to be like the horses, but she does not fit in with them. They do not like her for some reason. 


The chickens were all hanging out in the shade due to the fact it was hot outside. 


Suzie Q did dig out of the coop also. I did find the hole they got out of. 


It did look like the clouds were rolling in again. 


I was able to open the coop door and Annabeth was ready to go back in. I do not think she will be trying to dig out anytime soon. I even gave her and Rena a cracked egg to show my appreciation they were both back in there. 


More rain must be coming, the cacti around the property are having their flowers bloom. I have heard that means it is going to rain, but who knows around here. 



Saverine was so pretty out in the pasture eating hay with the clouds coming in. She is such a beautiful mare. She was taking advantage of eating the hay while the other 4 horses were taking turns with the mineral bucket. 



No comments:

Post a Comment