Sunday, August 4, 2024

8/2/24

The donkeys and goats were up by the fencing when I was leaving for work. They are so funny. I miss spending more time with them. I have just been so busy lately. 


It has been so hot out lately. I went to check on the coop chickens, they are doing well. Of course they are. They have the best spot on the whole farm. 


The goats came out of their hiding spots from the barn to come out and eat some chicken feed. I know they have to be hot. It is miserable, but it was nice to see them. 


You can tell when a chicken is hot, they have their mouths open panting. Then they also have their wings opened a little. They are all hot out here at the moment. It is no fun for anyone. 


All the animals were hanging in there. You could tell they are hot and maybe grumpy but they are doing fine. 



The donkeys were in the back pasture under the trees to stay cooler. I do not blame them. I know the shade is cooler than directly in the sun. This West Texas sun is brutal. 


I saw Snowflake sitting in corner of the shelter in the goat pen. I was going to leave her alone, but then I thought better of that. I am glad I thought better of that. She was sitting on 14 eggs. Good grief. We do not need any more chicks. 


The pigs are staying muddy since it is so hot outside. Those poor pigs are hot. I know they are. They are making the most of it. I was able to spray them down. They do not like that much, but I feel like it is necessary sometimes. Today was one of those times. 





Waldo and Buckwheat were letting me pet them.They wanted some petting. They do not ask for that often. They enjoy my attention, but only on occasion. 


The sheep are doing fine with the chickens. They have a fan in the barn and they are able to stay a little cooler.


The cats were all under the back deck today, with the baby chicks. I know they are all hot and they must stay cooler under the porch. Whatever works in this heat. 


I had not seen Tux in a long time. I was starting to think he was no longer here, but I got to see him tonight. It was only by chance and only for a second, but that was him. 
The cats were all still home tonight. It was a pretty night. It was still hot out though.





It was a sad day. I did find Luna deceased today. I am glad the chicks are grown and away from her. I always hate this part of the farm. It makes me sad. 


No comments:

Post a Comment