Sunday, August 4, 2024

8/1/24

Of course I was late again today. I am going to have to slow down on the working so much. It is getting ridiculous. 


I did take the dogs out and to water the garden as the sun was setting. It was a beautiful scene. The sunsets are just beautiful out here. I know I say that all the time. 


The baby chicks are growing so fast. They are on their own now, but their momma has definitely left them. Even though they are on their own, for the most part they stick together. There is one hen that leaves the rest at times, but she usually comes back.


Mattie and Willow were out and about running around. Those two are peas in a pod. They are ornery. 
The cats were all home tonight wondering around. 


I went over to look for Sterling since I saw him sneaking around, but he hid pretty well. While I was over there, Jeb came over to see me. He is such a sweet horse. Interesting thing, Ronnie talked with one of our neighbors who asked if we had gotten another horse. Because Jeb’s coat has been bleached by the sun, he is not black at the moment, but brown. He looks different. He has the same attitude though. 



Mattie was posing so beautifully. He is turning into such a pretty donkey. He was trying to get attention. It worked. 



The Oklahoma horses decided to come to the fence tonight, too. Chief was over in the pasture. He was surrounded by birds. At first they looked like baby chicks, but there was no hen in sight so I figured out it must just be some wild birds. 



The pasture with the horses is such a pretty thing to see. Every one likes to look at horses, right? 


The baby chicks are doing well. They are over in the pasture with the other animals. It looks like for the most part the other animals are behaving and being nice to them. 


No comments:

Post a Comment