Wednesday, May 13, 2020

As you have seen, we have a new pig. When getting a new pig, there are pig introductions that look really brutal. Poor Darla. The pigs have been picking on her a bit but top hog Russ likes her. I even think they are going to end up being bonded!! I saw them nose to nose and have already witnessed that he protects her when they sleep. I am so thrilled with this news!! She is still getting nipped at by the other 4 pigs but they are starting to accept her. She is still very scared but she let me give her belly rubs today. She did a belly flop for me. This makes me so happy. Her and Russ are the only two in that pen that warmed up so quickly. It took me months with the other pigs in that pen. I think she sees that they all like me and trust me enough to give them belly rubs, so why shouldn’t she?? Darla is such a beautiful pig and has a sweet demeanor. I can’t wait to see how she does when she isn’t so scared anymore. Oh this life sure is something. She will be my last pig. I will not be getting anymore.


No comments:

Post a Comment