Tuesday, May 19, 2020

Sunday afternoon Carlos and Lucky got out. How they did it, I do not know. It doesn’t surprise me though. Mya and I had been watching for this. Somehow they got out when we were not watching. Sneaky little things. So they were at the back of the fencing eating off the trees. Mya went to get them. Now, Lucky is my goat that does not like human contact. That in itself is funny since the rest of them do. He sees her and starts walking in front of her. She has Carlos in her arms like a baby. I’m laughing so hard!! Carlos acts like he likes it. I tell her she can lean over the fencing and just put him in the pen. She does, but how to get lucky back in. That’s the big question. I walk over to him and he jumps in front of me but walks on the path back to the gate. We get almost to the gate and off the trail he goes. I go in the feed barn and get some grain for them to eat. Well, that brings the rest of the herd to the gate. Mya hoes in to distract them. Nope, she doesn’t have any food for them. So I dump out some grain. Lucky just leans his head into the fence to get him some. Good grief they are smart. Next I go get peanuts. I start a trail for him. Then I start throwing some to the herd and leave the gate opened. After a few minutes, the herd is away from the gate and so are the humans. He sneaks in and Mya was able to close the gate. Whew. This will be fun.



No comments:

Post a Comment