Sunday, May 17, 2020

It has been such an exciting few days around here on the farm. I have written about Hercules getting out on Friday. I got up yesterday morning and fed all of the animals. As it turns out, all the goats were in the pen. So, it started off as a good day. Mya and I started cleaning the house. It feels so good to have a clean house. Anyway. I look out the window and there is Hercules, out of the pen. I really had to laugh. He doesn’t go anywhere. He literally is right out of the pen just grazing. I go out and pet him. I let him stay out for a bit but then Daisy started wanting to play, Hercules did not want to play. I put Daisy in the house and got Hercules back in the pen. I walked a few feet to watch. Seriously, not a minute goes by and Hercules is sliding under the fence. I was wondering where he was getting out. It was really funny to watch. The other funny thing is the other goats were watching him and did not follow him. So, I did not know that when goats rub on the fence they aren’t itchy, they are looking for a weak spot. I learned that this morning from someone I know. I knew I needed to do something to keep the goats in. I went to the store and got some stakes to put around the pen. As I was putting them around the pen, I let all the goats out and the donkey to graze. I don’t care that they are out unless daisy gets rough with them or if we aren’t home or at night. They were out for at least an hour. In that hour, they got their bellies full and came right back to the pen, no problem. They were still there when I went to bed last night. Crazy animals. 


1 comment: