Wednesday, May 13, 2020

Yesterday, me and the girl living here watched Daisy running around the yard with something in her mouth. I thought she had been digging up the garden again. Nope, I couldn’t be that lucky. She had found a baby squirrel and was trying to kill it. We got the squirrel from her and rescued it. That poor thing looked really rough. The squirrel, named Tucker, did not look good. We kept him warm. I talked to a man that rehabs squirrels and other animals and made plans to take the squirrel to him. Tucker was still alive this morning. I thought that was a good sign. As we were going to drop off the little guy, he started gasping for air and passed away. It was really a sad thing. I was glad he did not die in Daisy’s mouth, but the thought of the suffering he went through because he didn’t. Just breaks my heart.


2 comments:

  1. Poor baby you tried girl and that's more than what most people would do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was so sad!!! Poor little thing!!

    ReplyDelete