Tuesday, February 28, 2023

February 28

It’s the last day of February and this year is flying by. The ending of February has come with some pain and a broken heart. I’m working at getting better, but this farm will never be the same. I know that. I have to figure out how to continue on knowing that this will happen again with another animal at some point. I have two more old guys around here who are not doing well and it takes a toll. I know I’m doing this for a reason, so it will work out. I will move past this. I know that. 


I was able to help out a friend dealing with a rough time today. She had to go out of town suddenly, so I was able to go feed her animals for her for the next few days. I know her animals and they seemed to remember me. 


When I got home Ronnie said he was glad I was home. There was some chaos going on. Leroy and Fred were fighting horribly before I got home. I’m hoping Fred will be okay. 


Ronnie said while that was going on, the little goats broke out again and Mattie was chasing them like crazy. Luckily they ran back into the pen and Mattie left them alone. 


The horses got a new bale of hay and a new mineral block. It was nice to see all 5 of them together. Chief got tired of it and started acting a fool after a while, but it is what it is. 


Noma let me love on her. Not for long, but she did. She is looking very pregnant at this point. Poor girl, I’m glad to know this is her last one. 


I’m a paranoid mess right now thinking something is wrong with every animal. I know that’s not actually the case, but I’m finding things wrong that probably are not wrong. It stinks. 
I did think something was wrong with Jasper tonight, but Ronnie got him in a pen and checked him out. He said everything was fine. I’m glad. 


The sky was beautiful tonight and I needed to see that. It calmed me down a bit. I’m just a mess, but I know it will get better. I have to work through it. 


Word of the day is moving forward. Luke 9:62

No comments:

Post a Comment