Saturday, July 8, 2023

July 4

It was around 94 today. Not too bad but it was still hot. The animals were all doing fine. I’m grateful for that. 


It looks like we are going to have a few more of those creepy chickens. There are several that have the look of Thelma and Louise. I find them creepy, but that’s okay. 


The coop chickens are doing well. They probably have the best spot. It’s shaded most of the day to the point that the water does not even get warm. 


The donkeys were not mad at Ronnie anymore. They went over to him. That’s always nice to see. It usually takes them a few days to stop being mad over whatever they were mad about. 


The chicks are certainly growing fast. I cannot believe they have grown so quickly. They are still hanging out by the squash plants. 


The little goats got out while I was fixing the gate. They went right over to Mattie. They were okay for about 3 minutes before Mattie went nuts. The goats were eating his hay and he did not appreciate it. He started charging and the goats went back into their pen. 


Willow is so cute. She showed me her teeth willingly. She is growing so fast. 


The cows ended up helping Mattie with his hay. He was not as mad at them, but they have horns. 


Ernestine looked unhappy tonight, so I thought I would try to catch her later. 


I went out later to let the dogs out and do a final check. Most of the animals were relaxing. The cows were enjoying the shelter with the fan. 


I went over to see Noma and Willow. I do not know what Noma was upset about, but she was mad about something. She tried to bite me, Willow, and Mattie. She had her ears pinned back. She was mad. I did notice she was better when Mattie walked away. I had not seen her that mad since the day Willow was born. Hmmm.. I wonder what Mattie did this time. 


I attempted to catch that chicken. Ernestine was not having it. I did catch her twice but one time the sheep jumped on my back and the other time one of the sheep was tangled up and I tried to get him free so I lost her both times. I wish she knew I was trying to help her and not hurt her. 


Jelly has a stare down with the cows. It was pretty funny. 


All the cats came home tonight. All of them are too skinny, but I think it’s because it’s so hot outside. I know Jelly usually gets thin in the summer. I’m guessing they all did. 


It was a beautiful night. 


Word of the day is protection. 2 Tim 4:18

No comments:

Post a Comment