Sunday, July 21, 2024

7/13/24

It’s Saturday and I got to sleep in. I’m telling you, I’m just exhausted between the trips back and forth to Arkansas and the heat outside. 
The dogs were being lazy today, too. That’s okay, it’s too hot outside for them to stay out too long. 


Ronnie and I went to lunch to spend some time together that did not involve cleaning out pens or any of the other farm chores we usually do on Saturday. We do not do that too often. 


Linda the chicken was grateful for the over flow of water. 


Maggie got out of the backyard again today. She decided she would try to eat the chicken feed. The other animals do it, why can’t Maggie? She did not try long. 


Ernestine was hot in the shop, so she went out of the shop for a bit. The roosters were picking on her, so she went back into the goat pen and got into the shop that way. 


I got to see Wheezy again. She was sitting on eggs again. I got her off the eggs and she was not happy with me, again. 


Bill was acting off today. He didn’t really want to eat and he kept pawing at the feed in the bowl. I figure we need to watch him to see if he is starting to get sick. 


Luna has been hiding in the shop lately also. She did get out of the shop because of the heat today. She was walking around the goat pen. 


Willow is doing so much better. She is still in the pen at this moment. She won’t have to be there much longer. She is healing well. 



The donkeys and goats were hanging out under a tree to stay cool. Hercules was sitting in the middle of the donkeys. He has no fear of them. I could not say that 3 years ago. 



The Oklahoma horses are doing so well. That is so good. I was concerned last year, but I think we have figured things out this year and they are doing well. 


Noma was smiling today. I hardly ever see that from her. It made me smile to see that. 



Alex was so hot, he went from eating to over by the fan. He wanted to cool off. 


Maggie got out of the backyard again and was wondering around looking out at all the animals. I had to laugh at her. She was enjoying her time though. 


The cats were all under the porch staying as cool as she can. 


Pepper over heated today. Poor girl. It didn’t take long today because of the heat. We got her inside and she was able to cool off. 


Ursula has taken over the spot where Persia used to sit above my head. It’s sweet to see. 


Melody was out of the shop and I thought she wanted back in, but she didn’t. I tried to get her back in, but she went the other direction when I got close to her. 


No comments:

Post a Comment