Tuesday, July 16, 2024

7/8/24

I went outside to go to work and it looked like it was going to rain. I look over and saw a beautiful yellow bird in the tree. The bird really stood out with the dark clouds in the background. 


I got to be up close and personal with the donkeys and goats today. They did not really want my attention. They wanted the chicken feed I had thrown out. I saw them again later and. They were watching the other animals on the farm. 






It was definitely a hot one out, but the animals are doing well. They are hanging in there with all this heat.

 
Willow is healing nicely. I know she wants out of the pen, but she needs to stay a little longer to keep her healing. 


I watched Athena chasing butterflies in the barn. I do not know what it is about the cats and chasing butterflies, but they do it a lot. 


The Oklahoma horses are handling the heat much better this year. They look better this year than they did last year with the heat outside. They are so pretty. 


Noma and Mattie are doing well. They are getting along well even with Willow in the pen. 


The pigs are doing well even with the heat. They would not make it without their mud holes. I am glad they are doing so well. 


Oh Pepper, she continues to have the wound on her leg. I am going to be making some decisions soon. Decisions I do not want to do. I am not sure if that wound is going to heal or not. Things with Pepper and Maggie are just hard at the moment. They are both 14 years old. I have to remember that. 


Yeller was hanging out in the yard today. He looked very relaxed and cool. 


Ronnie finished Bubba’s grave. He put it right next to Persia’s grave. I am grateful for him doing that for me. 


The chicks are getting bigger. 



No comments:

Post a Comment