Wednesday, March 15, 2023

March 15

The wind today has been horrible. I mean horrible. Makes things harder than necessary. 
This morning all the animals were laying down. I knew the weather was going to change and it did. The horses were even in the barn. 



I had kids coming out to do community service again today. We got a lot accomplished which was nice. The kids are not too big on the animals but the animals aren’t too big on them either. Of course, the wind might have had something to do with that. 
Noma has to be getting close to being due. She is laying down more. Her feet are still bad and our farrier seems to have 
ghosted us, so I need to find a new one. They are so hard to find out here. 


When I got home this afternoon, the wind had opened the back door. I do not think it had been opened long. Persia was outside but I think the wind scared her and she ran back in. 


Let’s talk about the dust. The sheep are shedding and the patches of hair recently that has come out are white spots compared to the brown spots where the hair has been gone a while. It’s quite a difference. 


For some reason, Sonny has decided to hide in the shop in a crate. I know the roosters have all been fighting but apparently he wants nothing to do with that mess. 


I found a chicken in the barn who looked like was going to lay an egg. As I walked closer to her, she did not move. I picked her up and she did not fight me, but she seemed fine and walked away when I put her back down. 


The wind does crazy things out here to us all. 
I do want to mention something that really was a blessing to me today. I received a text from a girl who came out here not long ago. She said she felt there was something special about me and she wanted to know if she could lift me up in prayer and if there was something specific I needed. I do not usually share much of my personal life, but lately Ronnie and I have been under a big spiritual attack and we both have been feeling it in all aspects of life, so I shared that with her. That right there meant so much to me. God brings people in your life that need to be there. I’m grateful for that and I’m grateful for her. 


I was also able to share the nonprofit with someone I work with. My coworker’s children had been dealing with someone they know who overdosed recently. I told him about the nonprofit and looks like they may come visit. It’s really happening. 


Word of the day is uplifting. Ephesians 4:29

No comments:

Post a Comment