Saturday, June 29, 2024

6/25/24

This week has been so hot. There does not look to be an end in sight with the triple digit temps. The animals look to be handling things much better than I am.



The sheep do not stay in the shelter much and I figured out why. It is hot in there. But, it is hot everywhere. 



The shop chickens are at least smart enough to sit by the open places to get the wind on them. They are smart. 



The baby chicks are still without their mom. They are hanging out under the porch. That probably is a good spot for them, the dogs do not bother them and neither do the cats.




Bubba wanted some cuddles tonight. It has been a while since he curled up in my lap. I cuddled up with him. 



When I went out to water later in the evening, the donkeys were all at the water trough. It might sound weird, but the donkeys are the animals I worry about the least. Those are desert animals and they know how to survive. I do like to see them coming toward the barn at night and getting hydrated. 



The sunset was beautiful as always.



It does look like Pedro is having some issues with his ears. The way he is acting makes me think of Cracker Jack when the vet told us he was allergic to flies. Pedro is constantly scratching on his ears. I will see if he will allow me to use some fly spray on him.




No comments:

Post a Comment