Wednesday, September 4, 2019

I have seen a lot of information saying to never leave your dog and your pig alone together. I have seen it said that the pig usually will start the altercation if there is one but the dog will finish it. Mine are never together without a fence in between them. I read the warnings. I’m glad I did. I was sitting in the pen a couple nights ago and I saw Pepper, my Australia shepherd and blue heeler mix come up to the fence. Now Pepper is a very sweet dog but is no nonsense. She came up to the fence and Gus went over to her and he snapped at her. She just looked at me like, what is his problem and walked away. Well, today, Daisy, my lab mix who loves the pigs so much, came up to the fence. She usually gets greeted from my 2 pink pigs with love and affection. Well, Gus snapped at her also. Twice. Yes, twice. Daisy looked sad and walked away. I can see now why people say to keep them separated. I’m not sure my dogs would act on Gus’ aggression toward them, but they might. Luckily I listened to the  advice.

No comments:

Post a Comment